Why school radio?
Do you have a creative innovative school with students that are eager to learn new and exciting ways of communicating? Do your students want to create talk shows, radio drama, book reports and discuss issues that matter to them in a non-confrontational format?
Do you want to create a promotional drive to celebrate your school’s achievements and news, broadcasting in real time, to your school, families and the community?
Benefits of school radio
School Radio helps schools and academies supplement learning, to meet the National Curriculum standards in ways that you may not realise, such as:
- Empowerment – Provides a platform for your students to discuss issues in a non-confrontational format.
- Inclusion – Run by students, for the students. Radio will help build an inclusive atmosphere.
- Confidence – Speaking into a ‘mic’ is far less intimidating that appearing on camera or stage. Students can build confidence and express their views in a safe and controlled environment.
- Speaking & Listening – Whether you are presenting or just listening, these vital skills are fundamental in radio and all aspects of life.
- Literacy – Students realise they need to write scripts and prepare shows for broadcasting. It is clear that writing plays a big part in radio.
- Teamwork – Planning and presenting radio requires a great deal of teamwork through assigned roles, responsibilities and working together.
- Vocational skills – The skills your students learn and the experience they gain through using professional radio software will lay a strong foundation for many careers.